Primarily required by high-security government and government-related contractors, a SCIF or Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility is a U.S. Government accredited facility where Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) can be stored, discussed or electronically processed. The areas of concern and special attention typically include physical security, acoustics controls, visual controls, access control, electronic and TEMPEST security. In order to be operational, a SCIF must be accredited with formal approval that it meets the prescribed physical, technical, and operational standards.
ASI’s expertise, and UL 2050 Certification make us the perfect choice to secure and provide maintenance for any SCIF area, room or building. We address all necessary points of concern with keen focus on:
- Adhering to the minimum and specific requirements for a fully accredited “open” or “closed” storage facility
- High Security Locks (CDX09 and LKM7000) provisioned by Certified Technicians
- Safes (Vibration Sensors and High Bias Drawer Contacts)
There are six classifications for a SCIF:
- Secure Working Area (SWA) – Area where SCI is handled, discussed, and/or processed but not stored.
- Temporary Secure Working Area (TSWA) – Secure working area used less than 40 hours per month.
- Temporary SCIF – Limited time to meet tactical, emergency, or immediate operational requirements.
- Open Storage – SCI may be openly stored and processed and may be left out when not in use.
- Closed Storage – SCI material is stored in GSA approved storage containers when not in use. This includes documents, computer hard drives, and storage media.
- Continuous Operation – Staffed and operated 24/7. Depending on operational procedures, SCI documents may be left out or stored when not in use.
Loudoun SCIF Services
The team at ASI has extensive experience with SCIF throughout Loudoun. We can help you securely store sensitive information.
Contact us for assistance building or maintaining your SCIF.